Thursday 18 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Day #16 : Turn of the Century

Hey Bloggers! Today is Day #16 of Week 4! Let's Begin!

Activity 1  : Celebrating a Win

Image result for celebrating
Image Attribution!
In 2000, the country of New Zealand celebrated when Russell Coutts and his sailing team won their second straight America’s Cup. This was the first time that a team from New Zealand had won back-to-back championships! Many people celebrated the victory with their friends and family.

On my blog I have been asked to tell you what me and my family do to celebrate a special event. Well sometimes we like to gout to restaurants for dinner and desert or we have a small party at our house. We normally decorate the table with lollies, food, drinks and more!

Activity 2 : Lord of the Rings

Image result for new zealand money
New Zealand Money!
Arguably one of the most famous movie trilogies of all time, The Lord of the Rings, was filmed in New Zealand. All three movies were directed by a New Zealander named Peter Jackson. The first movie was released in 2001, the second in 2002 and the third in 2003. The movies cost an estimated $300 million to produce!  
Instead of keeping the money Peter Jackson decided to give all the money to me. I have been asked to tell my blog what I would with the money.

  • First I would give some to my family! Buy a House, Food ( etc.
  • Second I donate some to charity for families to buy food, a house, education supplies and more.
  • I would give as much people money just off the street for free!
  • Keep the rest and maybe spend it on stuff I would want.
  • Maybe some to my friends!
Bonus Activity : The Rise of the " Selfie "


Although most of you are quite familiar with the idea of taking a ‘selfie’ (picture of ourselves), this was not always the case. In fact, it wasn’t until the early 2000s that people started talking about the idea of a selfie, taking selfies and posting them online.

In honour of the rise in popularity of the ‘selfie,’ I have been asked to take a selfie of myself doing something I really like to do such as an hobby!

Here is a picture of me travelling!

I love to travel! It's one of my favourite hobbies!

Thanks for watching!
By Mitchell.M
18/01/18

3 comments:

  1. Hey again Mitchell, awesome to see you've been blogging some more over your summer break. Are you looking forward to going back to school? When do you go back?

    Thanks for sharing how your family likes to celebrate special occasions. Going out to a restaurant for a meal is always a nice treat. Where do you like to go? What do you like to order? I always used to order the biggest thing on the menu, I didn't care what it was, I just wanted the biggest meal. When I was younger, I really enjoyed going to all you can eat buffets, like Valentines. My brothers and I wouldn't eat all day then stuff our faces like crazy!

    It's cool to hear how selfless you are with the $300 million. It's important to take care of your family and friends, and it is also very generous of you to look after some homeless people too. What would you buy for yourself?

    I would take care of my family, friends and some charities. Then I would definitely buy myself some big toys. I would buy a helicopter, jet ski, expensive car, maybe a house. That would be fun. A boat would be cool as well.

    Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey again Billy, awesome to see a blog comment again from you! I go to back school on the last week of January I believe.

      Yes, when we celebrate we like to go to buffets and restraunts. My favourite place to go and eat at is Dennys because they have my favourite desert serving there! I usually order Bread and Butter Pudding! I definitely recommend it!

      Yeah if I got given $300 Million Dollars I would give some to my family and friends! Then I would maybe buy a island, private jet ( so I wouldn't have to pay for plane tickets! ), pay a pilot, chef, buy a big mansion. Probably get a big mansion built so I can invite homeless people in to live there!

      Thanks Billy!

      Delete
    2. Hey Mitchell, thanks for getting back to me.

      Bread and butter pudding sounds delicious. I like their cookies and cream milkshake and curly fries. All of the desserts at Denny's are pretty good I find.

      Haha wow that's really generous of you. It would pretty amazing having your own island. You could build a wharf, get heaps of toys like jetskis and speed boats. It would be good to help out homeless people because then you wouldn't feel as bad about spending money on yourself. You could give half away and keep half for yourself.

      I think I would like to set up a business that helps out other people but also generates money so it can sustain itself.

      Thanks, Billy

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.