Wednesday 10 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Day #13 : Groovy Man

Hey bloggers! Today is Day #13 of the Summer Learning Journey! Let's Begin!

Activity 1 : Ready to Roll

In the 1970s one of the most common television programmes was called ‘Ready to Roll.’ It was broadcast on Saturday afternoons and hosted by a man named Roger Gascoigne. During the show, Roger would introduce music videos and then play them for the TV audience. He also invited famous people to come onto the show and perform songs that were currently popular.  

Image result for ready to roll
Image Attribution!
I have been asked to watch 3 clips that have been listed on the website.


I have finished watching all the clips and have decided to rate them! I

#1 = Golden Harvest! I have rated this video clip #1 because it has a lot of colour, dancing, the music is groovy and I personally like it better than the rest!

9/10

#2 = Ray Columbus and the Invaders = I rated this #2 because it was slightly better than New Zealand Underdogs. The music was really nice and good to dance to, but it could've been better.

7/10

#3 = New Zealand Underdogs = I have rated this video because simply it was really not energetic and I felt like it needed a bit more work but it was good!

4/10

Activity 2 : Bell Bottom Pants

Fashion in the 1970s was quite unique. I have been asked to look at two different pictures on the site and tell my blog 2 things I liked about the 1970's fashion and 2 things I didn't like about!

2 things I liked! : It was a really good fashion trend that looks outstanding! The choose good colours for the fashion related clothes.

2 things I didn't like! : They could've made the Bell Bottom Pants more unique than other pants! They could've made
the pants looser instead of tighter because it might be tight for your legs!

Yes, I'm also not a big fan of patterned pants!

Bonus Activity : A Bilingual Schooling System

Image result for kids learning languages
Image Attribution!
For much of the past century, schools in New Zealand taught students in only one language – English. In 1972, Ngā Tamatoa member, Mrs. Hana Jackson, submitted a petition to Parliament to ask the government to include the teaching of Te Reo Māori (the Māori language) and Māori culture in New Zealand schools. We still use petitions to this day when we want an organisation (e.g. a school) to make a change.

I have been asked to think about things about my school I would change. I also have been asked to write a letter on my blog to my school principal. Here it is :

Dear Mr Burt,

This letter is regarding to some changes that could happen in our school. I have been wondering if we could learn some new languages. A lot of people in our community grow up speaking only English or their native tounge. How about speaking other languages? Such as Spanish, Japanese, maybe even dead languages.

Thanks,

Mitchell.

___

Thanks for reading!
By Mitchell.M
10/01/17

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mitchell,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Wow, you have put so much hard work into your post layout! This is awesome!
    Your rating for the videos are perfect explaining why you like each one. Very thorough of you to go into the detail in the video clip too, including the colour and the dancing. What did you think of the style of the music?

    Activity 2: Awesome work Mitchell, it’s so easy to read and follow. I would have to agree with your likes and dislikes there too. Love the colours but the shape is a bit off-putting. Definitely not a fan of the patterned pants either!

    Bonus Activity: Love it! That would be incredible to have the opportunity to learn another language! You have a very strong persuasive argument too relating to the community and the diversity, this was amazing to read. You are thinking outside the box with those comments Mitchell! Keep it up!

    Best wishes,

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.